iCare Children’s Foundation is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide. Further, we recognise the importance of informing you how we treat your information from use of this website as well as data collected elsewhere.
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
Personal identification information
We may collect information about you from means, depending on your interaction with us, this may include, but not limited to:
• Use of this website
• Donations you make via this website, phone, electronic bank transfer or in person
• Fundraising event registrations
• Contact made via our website, email, phone, etc
• Job applications
• When you enter a prize draw
• When you interact with us on various social media platforms
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you will only be relevant to the type of interaction we have with you. For example, if you have donated with us, we may collect your name, address, email address and payment details.
Sensitive data is only collected when there is a clear reason. For example, we may need to know the status of your health if you have registered for a physically demanding fundraising event.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we use collected information
The Organisation may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
• Processing your donations
• Provide you with the services or information you require, such as donation feedback.
• Updates on appeals, events, and project feedback.
• Processing gift aids.
• Confirmation of donation and event registrations.
• To deal with queries and requests you make.
• To send periodic emails and/or SMS.
• To personalise the service, we provide you.
• To improve our website, services, and projects.
• Contact you for any direct marketing/fundraising appeals.
Your rights regarding your data
Under the Protection of Personal Information Act, you are given specific rights regarding your personal data, these rights are:
• The right to be informed - Users have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
• The right of access – Users have the right to access their personal data.
• The right of rectification – Users have the right to have accurate personal data rectified, or completed, if incomplete.
• The right to erasure – Users has the right to have their personal data erased, but this is not absolute and only applied if not required for legal or similar purpose.
• The right to restrict processing – Users have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applied in certain circumstances. When the process is restricted, we will place your data in a suppression list to ensure it is no longer used.
• The right to object – Users has an absolute right to stop their data being processed in certain circumstances, such as for direct marketing.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored.
Staff access to data is highly restricted and we regularly review our security processes to ensure we are following best practices.
Sharing your personal information
iCare Children’s Foundation will never sell, lease, or rent your data. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
If you have given us consent to contact you for marketing, information sharing purposes or due to what we deem as a legitimate interest, we may share your information with third parties such as:
• Email and text message service providers.
• Payment processing providers if you have made a credit or debit transaction online, via the phone, in person or electronic transfer.
• Event organisers, airlines, and hotels if you have registered for a fundraising event in South Africa or abroad.
• Law enforcement agencies if we receive a lawful request.
• Due diligence checks to ensure no one is using our services for criminal activities.
• Website and software providers for the purpose of providing you the services you require, as well as improving our services in general.
Requesting information, we hold about you.
You can request the information we hold about you at any time by contacting our marketing department. Please note that it can take up to 30 days to receive this information.
Your iCare Children’s Foundation account/profile can be cancelled at any time by contacting our marketing department.
How long do we hold your personal data?
The length of time we keep data is dependent on the type of data stored, but it is generally only for as long as necessary. Some data must be kept by law for a certain period.
In general, you can visit this site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web server may collect the IP addresses. In addition, there are portions of this site where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as donating.
The information collected from you is stored in the form of cookies and may include your name, address, telephone, or email address.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser. They may help websites remember information about their users. This information often helps the site perform useful functions such as remembering which items have been added to your shopping cart and allows websites to remember your activity.
Cookies on our website are anonymous and do not contain any personal identifiable information.
Consent to use your information.
If you have given us explicit consent to use your personal data for marketing purposes, you always have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Any direct communication you receive from us, whether via email, SMS, phone or any other means will include clear instruction on how to withdraw your consent.
To with withdraw your consent for any particular means of communication from us, please contact our Marketing Department:
Telephone: +27 21 696 0302/3/4/6/7
If you chose to withdraw your consent, we will hold your data on a suppression list to ensure you are not contacted again.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of our website, following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Create a free web page with Mobirise